February 26, 2012

Winter Fun Fun And More Fun, Canon Lens Lots Of Fun

Creation of the snow was such a blessing for children. I cannot emphasize enough how much I enjoy watching Matthew playing in the snow. This little busy bee enjoys himself to the fullest - making snowman, throwing snowballs, making giant snowballs, making snow angles, removing snow, cleaning cars with the broom, mowing snow (yes just like cutting grass) and tobogganing.

Its been snowing here on and off. Last couple of days snowed but guaranteed that this snow will be gone by next week - warmer temperatures are in the forecast. Just a repeat of the last week.

Well Matthew is not the only one having fun. I finally decided on the new lens but came out from the store with two lenses, and I am very happy camper with empty pockets. I am glad that I fixed my Canon 20D because I don't have to do lot of lens switching. It gets heavy to carry both, but I don't mind at all. Canon 20D is past few generations but it is still a good camera.

Since I am Canon shooter, I decided to stick with Canon lenses. I bet you are curious and already know that one of them must be a macro lens, and it is - Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro lens. I also treated myself with Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens. Both are excellent lenses. I have not been able to use the macro lens as I cannot find anything tiny small (may be microscopic) to photograph, meaning small creatures (probably hibernating at this moment), however, this lens is great for portraits.

The photos below of Matthew are using macro lens.



14 comments:

  1. Ale zimowo. Ja liczę już na wiosnę i ciepło:) Pociecha rośnie jak na drożdżach. Pozdrawiam Aniu ciepło:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new lenses. I'm sure you will get great results with both of them. The pictures of Matthew are certainly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed wonderful Anna! I could understand through the shots how well Matthew enjoys the snow... Nice u fit the lens. I having trouble with my Canon powershot lens and also looking for a new Cannon point and shoot with zoom lens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anna,

    Mathew is big and gorgeous! The pictures are fantastic. You know, I recently acquired my first Canon (a small one to take quick pics), after I learn well how to work with it, I might upgrade to another model.

    Big hug to you and your baby boy :).

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow excellent Anna, for your news lenses, the games in the snow and the pictures. As soon as you will be able to use it for its purposes, you will clearly fall in love with that macro lens... it is a perfect one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful pictures and smiles!:)
    Have nice day, dear, dear Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent photographs Anna! I can tell you're really enjoying your new lenses. I'm good on lenses at the moment, and the next step will be a new camera body, as I'm currently up against the low light capabilities of my D80. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna:

    These pictures of Mathew with the white background are just fabulous. He sure looks like a little man walking along like that. A great looking guy. Just looking at all that snow gives me the shivers.

    Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clear Matthew was having a whale of a time~~a great moment for him and a set of lovely candid shots, :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wintertime is always great for kids
    but i am happy when spring will come ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Matthew definitely looks like he is enjoying the snow. The one thing I missed this winter was building a snowman with my granddaughter like we did the previous winter. She reminds me about it all the time. These are the moments that a child will always remember. You are truly blessed Anna with a wonderful family. I am sure you will make good use of your new lenses. Looking forward to some images with your new macro lens. Everything is going fine with me, enjoying photography and watching my granddaughter grow. Hard to believe she just turned 7 last month. She enjoys reading and I'm very happy about that. We always read to her and now she reads to us. Children are so smart these days. Take care, Anna. Always good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are always of such high quality Anna. But that is not the lens, it is the person behind the lens! We have had a cold spring too. Waiting for the warm weather to arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!