April 29, 2010

Digital Postcard Series: Beautiful Savannah Sparrow

digital postcard #0010


Facts About Savannah Sparrow [Passerculus sandwichensis]
Savannah Sparrow was named for the city in Georgia where it was first spotted. Some live in the grassy marshes and wet meadows, and this is where I spotted this little beautiful bird. I was lucky to get few pictures before my son Matthew scared him away by calling 'Birdie, birdie'.

Camera Settings
Canon EOS 20D, 400mm, f/6.3 at 1/320s, ISO 400

Geographical Location
Aurora Arboretum, Auror, Ontario, Canada.

NOTE: Digital postcard copyright My Only Photo. Digital postcard artwork by My Only Photo. Download for personal use only, and ask for commercial use. To download full printable size - click on the image, then Save as. File size 4x6 inches [800x1200px], @ 200 dpi. Picture hosted at Atpic.com.

18 comments:

  1. You're just mean, dragging me over here to comment. ;-) I will have to change my reader subscription to point here instead. Which was probably your intention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birdie, birdie....he is so cute, Anna!!! I will have some bird pictures too, pretty soon :)

    Hugs to Matthew!
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Anna! That is a beautiful shot. It really is a beautiful little bird too! I looked at the web site for the arboretum and you are fortunate to have a place like that near by. And fairly recently conceived and preserved too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yellow in him Anna. Ours are just dull brown colors. This is a terrific shot of it.

    I had to smile ..... we teach them to love animals and birds then they chase then away by running after them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna!This is brilliant work! Lovely composition and colours! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gran foto, Anna, que bonito queda el pajarillo fundiendose con las rocas¡¡¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!!!!

    Anna that is just a beauty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a most beautiful BIRDIE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna:

    A beautiful little bird, and you photographed it so well. I grey up with those little guys in my neck of the woods, but I didn't know what their name was. I lived in the desert and we just called them sparrows. There must be a million different kinds of sparrows.

    Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this small bird.
    I am so curious about small animals.
    If you watch to small things you will discover a new Universe...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an exquisite photo, Anna. I love welcoming the birds back and hearing their cheer daily. They bring both beauty and music to our lives and we take it for granted. Keep up the beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anna, this photo is fantastic. I love that little bird, the color and the whole composition. You really was lucky to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is a perfect picture, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anna,

    Such a cute birdie!! I loved the card: it is peaceful (anyone getting it would feel this peace) - well done :D!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. fantastic sparrow his name isn't jack

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing shot Anna, absolute beauty my friend - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute little bird ^__^ Lovely shot Anna ^__^

    I like your point of view.

    Nina ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!